Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The American Sign Language Club





I discovered this bulletin board within the Spotts World Cultures Building. It is a bulletin board for the American Sign Language Club. I found this board to be very informative because it presents the basic alphabet and provides examples of various words that are common. It discusses the importance of understanding and learning sign language and it informs the viewer of various events that utilize sign language.
This bulletin board is very colorful and it immediately caught my attention as I passed it. It only uses 5 primary colors and event though a lot of information is displayed, the message is clear and consistent. Handouts of the signing alphabet are provided; this interactive feature allows people to have a form of remembrance.
The poor features of the bulletin board is that there are more than 3 primary colors and that there is a lot of writing in a small amount of space. If I were to alternate this bulletin board, I would remove some of the featured words from the board in order to provide more information about the club itself (times, people in charge, etc.). I would make the print larger for the informative features pertaining to the club itself.

No comments: