Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Flintstones!

This board was done by a student teacher last semester at the Pine Richland School District. It was to help the special education students with their communication skills. I like this board because it presents one basic idea, communication. It is simple and to the point. I also love it because it is interactive. The white bubbles can be taken down by the teacher and then the students can write their responses on them. It has a border and can look very inviting to the student because of the cartoon aspect it has.
The things I would change about the board is give it an actual heading and get rid of the multiple blue bubbles at the top. I would also tone down the use of color, choosing only three or four at the most. I may even change the boarder, using a darker solid color to draw the attention of the content more inward for the student. Besides all of these facts I still feel very drawn to the the board and I believe students would be as well.

No comments: